With winter around the corner, comes adventures like skiing, making a snowman, and ice skating. You cannot do all this without your hands being covered and sufficiently warm. So, we decided to review some of the most famous winter gloves. We have reviewed the best wool gloves on the basis of warmth, material, softness, etc. Just for you.
List Of 10 Best Wool Gloves
Made in Nordic design to suit all your outfits, Icewear Fanney is manufactured using a blend of 20% angora and 70% wool. These gloves are soft, light, and extremely fluffy. The wool comes from Icelandic sheep which makes these gloves water repellent. The additional nylon added to the blend makes these gloves stretchable and provides a snug fit. Icewear Fanney has no space for winds and snow with a wrist area knitted an inch above the wrist.
It offers good deftness but doesn’t come with touch screen compatibility. All in all, we recommend you to buy these if you are a fashion freak but cannot compromise with warmth and comfort. IceWarp Fanney is one such product that is fluffy and gives you a snug fit without compromising with the quality. Go get your pair for this winter and many winters to come from the link given below:
- DRYRIDE Membrane Weatherproof membrane that protects hands from wind and water while wicking away sweat.
- Removable, 4-Way Stretch DRYRIDE Thermex Liner For amplified warmth and versatility, nothing beats Burton's DRYRIDE Thermex 4-way stretch, removable fleece liners. The unique breathability and quick-drying properties of this fabric also move heat-robbing moisture away from your skin and out through the shell fabric, keeping you dry from the inside out.
- Thermacore Insulation Developed for superior warmth-to-weight, Thermacore keeps hands warm without mobility limiting bulk.
- Screen Grab Toughgrip Palm For total touchscreen control, this Burton-exclusive PU synthetic leather has the tech built right in, meaning it will never fray, wear out, or wash off. Any device, any fingeryou get total touchscreen control without ever exposing your fingers to the cold.
- DRYRIDE 2-Layer Fabric Highly breathable, waterproof, and quick-drying.
As the name suggests, Merinomink woolen gloves are made up of 100% Merino wool. These gloves are not at all bulky. The softness, comfort, and durability make Merinomink high in demand among consumers. Merinomink is nothing short of a masterpiece, in the price offered by the company when it comes to the woolen glove industry. With all the good features warmth is not being compromised as the fibers provide perfect insulation from the dropping temperatures.
All in all, Merinomink is an inexpensive product that has great value for money. Its durability and comfort make it one of the most favorite among the users but if you are a person who cannot compromise with fashion then you have to think before buying this because Merinomink comes only in few colors. You can buy your pair without regretting it later from the link given below:
- COMFORTABLE VINYL GLOVES: Thick and stretchy so they don't rip or tear easily, these disposable rubber gloves go on easy and are super comfy to wear. They offer great grip and handling as you work.
- PREMIUM SURGICAL GLOVES: These exam gloves are medical grade and are perfect for professional medical office settings, or have them on hand to go in first aid kits.
- BEST COOKING GLOVES: These food safe gloves are perfect in home or restaurant kitchens as food service gloves. The multi purpose gloves are great for cleaning, janitorial, tattoo, beauty salon, gardening use, and more!
- LATEX FREE GLOVES: Perfect for people with latex allergies, these non latex gloves will not cause allergic reactions. They are also powder free, ambidextrous and non sterile. For single use only.
- READY TO GO: Packed in boxes of 50, these are not only great on your counter or desk, they are perfect for your car or packed to in your gym bag, hand bag, diaper bag, or travel use. Also available in bulk supply, and in black, blue, and clear colors.
Manufactured by USA based company using a combination of 85% wool and 15% nylon, Fox River Ragg will provide you warmth and comfort when you are working outside at freezing temperature. With palm and finger area made of deerskin, FoxRiver Ragg is abrasion resistant and offers a tough grip. These are designed differently for both right and left hands. Before choosing these as your winter gloves bear in mind that they are made of rough material and are unlined from the inside which might cause itchiness and discomfort.
Fox River Ragg comes only in one color which is very light but FoxRiver company has got you covered with these woolen gloves being compatible with a washing machine. It is suggested by us to buy FoxRiver Ragg if you are someone who works outside in harsh temperatures because it gives enough warmth. Its grip and abrasion-resistant quality make these pairs best suited for work outside in falling Mercury. Buy your pair here:
✅ TOUGH GOATSKIN LEATHER – Goatskin is one of the toughest leathers but is generally a thinner leather. We chose the thicker part of the hide for our mittens. The goatskin is tough to keep you protected from and remain durable. It is soft and waterproof and has Lanolin built in it for smoothness.
✅ WARMER MITTENS – Our fashion mittens have better design technology to keep you warm during winter. They keep more warmth because, unlike other mittens that are just made from sherpa lining, these mitts fuse 150 gram polyester insulation to the back of the sherpa lining.
✅ MORE COMFORTABLE FIT – Whether you are looking for womens winter gloves, mens or teens, there are sizes in mens small through xxl to fit teenagers, big men, and ladies. To know your size, just measure your dominant hand around the palm, excluding the thumb; the size in inches is your size. SIZING HINT: We always get more returns for being too small rather then too large. So if you are in doubt go up a size especially with small and medium.
✅ SUPERIOR SUPPORT AND COMFORT – Our mittens are designed for your adventurous outdoor life. They give you maximum support on the job without degrading. They give excellent dexterity and are perfect for chopping wood, hunting, snowmobiling, skiing, and so much more.
✅ PERFECT GIFT IDEA – Do you want to help protect your friends and family from the gold winter buy them good mittens to use for outdoor activities. Our gloves are functional and suitable for the whole family as they come in all sizes with a cozy fit and keep hands warm to keep you energized outdoors.
These woolen gloves are made up of 100% Merino wool which makes these gloves incredibly soft, lightweight, and comfortable. These gloves are priced high and have very low value for money. Unlike the ones listed above, these woolen gloves are fingerless and may fray from the edges with time. Though these woolen gloves are machine washable with each wash it loses its fit and cannot be worn. The use of Merino wool makes these gloves anti-odor and easy to wear. Being fingerless, they provide a very good deftness and are touch screen compatible. They can best be used under regular gloves to provide extra warmth in very cold weather.
All in all, we suggest you buy these pairs if you have sensitive skin and every other woolen glove causes your itchiness. If kept nicely they will give you a long shelf life and will protect you from the dropping temperature. But if you are looking for a warm and durable pair of woolen gloves then we suggest you look for some other options available. You can buy yourself a pair if you need to work outside during the harsh temperature. Buy these here:
- Made of premium Dacron and soft thick fluff material, which has three insulation fabrics, windproof and warmth, protect you against the subzero temperatures of cold winter.
- Made of soft napping wool the inner lining, the gloves are extremely comfortable and warm considering they aren’t bulky! Also with the stretchy snug fit, you can type a text just as fast as you would without gloves
- TPU waterproof layer is sewn in special way in thermal gloves. Thermal insulated gloves can keep your hand warm always even in light rain or snow while you are working or doing sports in -30℉; with Double Shirred Elastic Wrist, keep winter ski gloves closed around your hands and keep snowmelt and cold wind out
- Suitable for Outdoor activities. Fashion beautiful, comfortable and high grade mens women winter gloves is perfect for cold winter casual, riding, driver, hiking, running, cycling, snow, landscaping, DIY projects, cross-Country skiing, snowmobile and other winter outdoor activities.
- These gloves are unisex and stretchy and have two sizes to choose, you can send one as a gift to your family or friends without worrying about the problem of size. They will love it very much
First Lite is a fingerless woolen glove to provide warmth, especially to the palm area. It is made up of Merino wool which makes it soft and lights to wear. First Lite being very lightweight can be worn under your regular gloves to provide extra warmth.
The material it is made of makes these stretchable and is ready to provide the perfect grip for your outdoor work. The dexterity and touch screen compatibility is add-on because of their fingerless design. Before buying these woolen gloves bear in mind that they are not suitable for harsh temperatures.
They are not machine washable and are suggested by the company to wash them by hands. All in all if dexterity is your priority then these are some of the best options available in the market. You can buy your pair here:
- Touch screen sensitive thumb and index finger
- Lightweight, 150 gsm AeroWool Fabric
- Lightweight interlock fabric
- Next to skin under other gloves
Merino wool is the favorite material of buyers when they look out for woolen gloves and SmartWool is made up of the same. SmartWool comes with a loop interior design that provides extra comfort, warmth, and cushioning to the hands during harsh temperatures.
The most striking feature that SmartWool hoards is the thumb and index pad that makes it a touchscreen-friendly glove. SmartWool promises to keep you warm in all your outdoor adventures.
The only drawback of these woolen gloves is that it comes in one universal size and may or may not provide you a snug fit. But they have high value for money and are light on your pockets. These can be considered as one of the best options if you are thinking of buying yourself a pair of woolen gloves. You can buy them here:
- Yarn combines benefits of Merino wool with the enhanced durability of recycled polyester
- Touchscreen-compatible thumb and index finger
- Rib knit cuff finishing for bulk-free fit
- Versatile, lightweight knit for ease of movement
- CONTENT: Body: 53% Recycled Polyester, 44% Merino Wool, 2% Rubber/Elastodiene, 1% Elastane Exclusive Of Decoration.
Pendleton is again a 100% Merino wool woolen gloves. These woolen gloves have been providing softness, warmth, and comfort to their users for over 100 years. Looking at the upside of this product there are many great features that Pendleton offers in its quality woolen products. The material used to make woolen gloves makes it waterproof which allows you to work and play in the snow without worry.
Moreover, the warmth and comfort in all Pendleton products including these gloves are commendable. One striking feature you will see is that it has touch screen compatibility. The stretchable cuffs provide a snug fit and warmth to the wearer. Inexpensive as these are, one downside of the product is that these run in small size, therefore, it is suggested to get a size larger than usual size. Also, they cannot be machine washed and it is suggested to go for dry cleaning. You can buy them here:
- Luxe blend of merino wool and alpaca
- Knit of soft, beautifully speckled yarns
- One size
RefrigiWear is made out of 100% rag wool which promises to provide warmth and comfort. With being waterproof because of the wool, RefrigiWear comes with Thinsulate insulation which can provide warmth even in temperatures dropping below zero degrees Celsius. The fleece lining adds to the warmth, comfort, and softness of these gloves. Something that is to be questioned about this product is the design which is quite out of Vogue.
So if you are someone who is very fashion conscious then it is suggested to not buy these. Another drawback that we found was that RefrigiWear has poor durability but if handled properly they can give a longer shelf life and give warmth for many winters to come. You can get yourself a pair from the link given below:
- STAY WARM: Keep your fingers protected like your best tools! These gloves protect down to -25°F with a lightweight insulation that extends up to the buff for even more warmth.
- DURABLE: These tough, durable gloves feature a waterproof finish so you stay dry no matter the weather. Made with Kevlar thread, soft cow grain leather and a leather palm pad for extra hard-working durability so you know it's built to last.
- MOVE EASILY: Lightweight AirBlaze insulation keeps you warm without weighing you down. Pre-curved ergonomic fit with black leather Performance-Flex on knuckles so you can grip easily and naturally without stiff resistance.
- BEST FIT: Get a snug fit with draft-sealing adjustable cuffs and a leather pull tab for eay on/off.
Minus33 is again a Merino wool product which ready to give you warmth these winters and many others to come. Made out of 90% Merino wool, Minus33 is a cozy and comfortable option if you are looking for woolen gloves. Breathable as they are, Minus33 is waterproof as well so you can use it outdoors without any hassle. If we look at the downside of the product, Minus33 is again a fingerless glove that lacks durability.
Also, the cuffs might be too tight for you depending on the size. With the certain shortcomings that this product has it is advisable to keep in mind your priorities and then go for buying these. But if warmth and comfort are your priority, you can get yourself a pair of Minus33 from the link given below:
- ⚪️Heather Grey Long-Sleeve Half-Zip Base Layer. Features include: Mock Neck, Tagless Label, Wrap-Around Neck Tape, Locker Loop, Merrow Stitched Seams, Silicone Branding at Chest and Left Sleeve, YKK Zipper with Silicone Dipped Puller.
- 🐑100% Merino Wool Base Layers. 195 grams for warmth without the weight. This All-Natural, non-synthetic fiber comes from Australian Merino Sheep and is certified by The Woolmark Company. Merino Wool is Breathable, Thermal Regulating, Odor Repellant, and Moisture Wicking.
- ✔️The Woolmark logo gives you the confidence that this product meets The Woolmark Company’s exacting quality standards. Before a wool product can be Woolmark-certified, they run numerous tests (fiber content, durability, color-fastness) to ensure it performs to the standard you demand.
- ✔️Our Merino Wool products come in both Men's and Women's- we offer a Long-Sleeve Crewneck, Long-Sleeve Half-Zip, and a Full Length Underwear Bottom so you can mix and match for a full-set. All styles are individually sold.
- ⚠️ Machine Wash Warm on Gentle Cycle. Air Dry Flat. Avoid washing on Normal Cycle- the high spin speed will cause the garment to shrink slightly. Do Not Tumble Dry- the dryer heat will cause the garment to shrink considerably.
Unlike the rest in the list, Hotshot uses the best combination of materials with the wool providing extreme warmth and the acrylic material, flexibility, and comfort. The Thinsulate insulation ensures that the palm and finger area remains heated up. The Tricot material lining is an add-on to comfort. Hotshot promises to offer you a great grip with its silicone dotted palm. The perfect material blend makes it lightweight.
Additionally, it is extremely breathable and offers great mobility. Talking about the downside of the product, Hotshot runs in larger sizes and may not offer a snug fit and over that, it isn’t waterproof and may take time drying up if wet. Another drawback of HotShot is that the wrist area is small which may hamper the warmth to that area. But with these limitations, Hotshot offers a great experience and you can count on it as your lifesaver in winters. Buy it here:
- Cozy and Contemporary: Sleek and modern, these mittens feature handy knit-in touch screen compatibility and a rib knit cuff for a bulk free fit
- Engineered for Warmth and Comfort: These ultra-soft mittens combine the non-itch coziness of Merino wool with the durability of recycled polyester and a terry loop interior to keep your hands toasty all winter long
- Comfort, Warmth and Style: Our wool apparel accessories are comfortable and highly functional, designed for year-round wear but warm enough to get you through the coldest days of the year
- Start & End with Nature: At Smartwool, we not only make the highest-quality wool fabric offerings, but we also strive to improve the environment and society through sustainability efforts, partnerships and work in the community — because that’s what matters most
- Go Far, Feel Good: We make the highest quality Merino socks and apparel to equip all of your outdoor adventures; we push the boundaries of innovation to elevate your performance, whether you’re on the hiking trails, ski slopes, running paths or doing everyday activities
I hope these reviews help you to find your perfect pair and fight the dropping mercury with ease and warmth.
Meanwhile, Feel Free To Check Out Our Article On Best Goalkeeper Gloves.