Mountains are a tough terrain prone to accidents but they are also the favorite place for people who love adventures. Keeping this in mind we have compiled a list of some of the best mountain bike gloves. The products on the list are reviewed on the basis of safety, comfort, durability, shock absorption, and other attributes. They will help to keep your hands safe from injuries that could have been kept at bay with a pair of mountain gloves.
List Of 10 Best Mountain Bike Gloves
We know how much everyone loves adventure but risking yourself for it isn’t a good idea. So, we have taken the pain and compiled a list of some best Mountain bike gloves. Here goes the list:
Manufactured by an American extreme sports company, Fox Head Inc., this mountain bike glove is one of the best in the market. Fox Dirtpaw comes with great features to give you an adventurous yet safe biking experience in the mountains.
Talking about the features, Dirtpaw comes with a sturdily padded Neoprene knuckle coverage. This delivers protection from any forceful shock in the knuckle area. The silicone print at the fingertips provides a tough grip which is apparently important for the bikers. These features ensure all-around protection for your biking experience in the mountains.
The Clarino padding at the top of Dirtpaw is sturdy which adds to the safety of these mountain bike gloves. The cuff is also made up of neoprene and comes with a hook-and-loop closure. This kind of closure method provides stability as it fits your hands perfectly. With stretch polyester as a core material, Dirtpaw delivers flexibility and durability. The material allows expansion and contraction as per the movement of hands which attributes to this flexibility and durability.
Fox Dirtpaw is one perfect Mountain bike glove for all your cross-country or trail adventures. The only thing that should be kept in mind is that Dirtpaw is not fit for winters or windy weather. The mesh material provides breathability and so doesn’t block high-speed winds nor provide warmth.
All in all, Fox Dirtpaw is a must-buy. Apart from the above-mentioned downside of the product, they stand out as perfect mountain bike gloves. They are flexible, elegant, sturdy bike gloves for your highland adventures.
- Stretch Polyester
- Clarino padding
- Smart design
- Available in a variety of colors
- 1-year warranty
- Not Built for Cold Seasons
- Our best selling glove with gel padding and knuckle length digits.;Low profile cuff with hook and loop closure for excellent fit^Absorbent micro-suede thumb^TruGel strategically placed gel palm for improved protection
Troy Lee Designs have vouched upon their motto of bringing out-of-the-box ideas to the market. With the same aim and a great design idea, they came up with Troy Lee Air. Lee Air is one perfect pair for your summer adventures. The design became a hit as soon as it was released.
Troy Lee Air comes with a spandex body that provides flexibility and breathability. The material also allows a comfortable fit and readjusts themselves during the ride. This enables great mobility. The synthetic leather palm enables a tough grip. Lee Air is perfect for summer adventures like cross-country, downhill, Enduro, etc.
As the name suggests, Troy provides airy light feels when worn. They are extremely lightweight and won’t cause any pressure on the hands after long rides. They will protect your hands from any kind of impact or jerk. Looking at the downsides, they are a bit expensive and you can’t use them throughout the year. They aren’t fit for the winters as the material lacks warmth.
All in all, Lee Air can be a perfect pair of mountain bike gloves for summer expeditions. They are lightweight, breathable, comfortable and very well ventilated. The price may bother some people but such great features can be bought at that price. It is durable so you don’t have to worry about it wearing off.
- Optimum Ventilation
- Hook-and-loop closure
- Fit Comfortably around the hands
- One-year manufacturer warranty
- Many available colors
- Not Suitable for Winter or Cold Seasons
- Relatively pricey
- Compression molded cuff
- Single-layer palm with mapped laser hole perforation
- Micro-mesh for all over ventilation
- Sonic welded TPR for added protection
- Silicone printed fingertips for lever grip
POC can be called an imperfectly perfect pair of mountain bike gloves. If you want mountain gloves that provide protection throughout the year without considering the weather conditions then POC should be your choice. They are comfortable,well-ventilated, and visually appealing bike gloves for all your highland adventures.
The fabric used in the core of POC is flexible and readjusts itself during the ride and hence, helps escape injuries or sudden jerks. This also attributes to the considerable durability of the product. The silicon print on the brake fingers allows extra friction. The terry cloth nose wipe on the thumb is an add-on detail.
The POC is first in the list with touch screen compatibility. Through many reviews, we found that this feature doesn’t serve its purpose. It also runs in a size smaller than usual. The closure method in POC is a velcro film that wears off with time. Without stability, a mountain bike glove is of no use. All of these downsides come with a high price tag as well so, think before buying it.
All in all, we can say that POC can be your choice if you want elegant-looking, ventilated, comfortable and all-season mountain bike gloves. POC is a blend of drawbacks and qualities so, keep in mind your priorities and then go for this product.
- Touch screen compatible
- Extra grip with silicon printing
- Terry cloth nose wipe
- Moisture Wicking Fabric
- Available in four different colors
- Velcro Wears off
- Size runs small
- Inconsistent touch-screen compatibility
- 【EFFECTIVE PROTECTION】Kyncilor cycling gloves，The silicone palm design with right amount of shock absorption SBR cover the palms.Mountain Road bike gloves with powerful shock absorption
- 【BREATHABLE & DURABLE】Kyncilor Cycling Gloves are designed for durability:double stitched thumb and double stitched palm.So our Biking gloves can have a long service life and better protect your hands.There are multiple holes in the fingers and palm,allowing you to have better breathability in the palm during riding.The back of the glove is made from high quality material which is a light and breathable fabric.So the gloves will keep your hands dry and comfortable.
- 【TOUCHSCREEN COMPATIBLE】Our Cycling Gloves Feature Small Touch Sensitive Pads on the Thumb and Index Finger,Meaning that you can take calls.Allowing you to use your Smartphone,Tablet or other Touchscreen Devices without Removing the Gloves.
- 【HUMANIZED DESIGN】Kyncilor Bicycle gloves absorbent microfiber wiping on thumbs is mainly helps to easily wipe sweat,warmly keep each sporter cool,comfortable in activities.The freely adjustable wrist closure providing flexible for the best fit according to your wrist situation
- 【FITTING SIZE】Kyncilor Bike gloves have Four size.S(Plam width 4" / Middle Finger 3.22"),M(Plam width 4.13" / Middle Finger 3.35"),L(Plam width 4.33" / Middle Finger 3.54"),XL(Plam width 4.72" / Middle Finger 3.93").
Mechanix Wear M-Pact is one of the best mountain bike gloves available. They are sturdy, flexible, durable and whatnot. It is really hard to find any drawbacks in M-pact. If you are an adventure fanatic and loves extreme adventures then M-Pact should be on your list.
The Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR) body provides protection from any powerful impact in the course of your ride. The dual-layer internal fingertip reinforcement ensures added protection and thus, offering you an adventure for a lifetime. Mechanix Wear M-Pact is bolstered with an adhesive padding mechanism to aid against any shock or fall during the ride.
Mechanix also offers D3O palm padding on Wear M-Pact which helps in the dissipation of energy through the palm by absorbing any kind of shock. This ensures the safety of the rider and helps them escaping injuries. This feature though doesn’t completely serve its purpose as users claim that it wears off after a few uses. This also hampers the durability of the product.
Mechanix is machine washable which saves a lot of time. One very well thought feature in M-Pact is a Nylon web loop that provides accessible storage for the riders. Mechanix may feel too sturdy at the wrists to some users but it won’t bother during the extreme riding experience that requires protection more than mobility.
All in all, we can say that apart from a few drawbacks this is the safest option of them all. Mechanix will ensure a safe and secure riding experience. As its name suggests, M-Pact saves you from all the powerful impacts and is the perfect partner for mountain bike riders.
- Thermoplastic Rubber Padding
- Dual-Layer Internal Fingertip Reinforcement
- Machine washable
- Palm Padding for impacts
- Padding wears off after a while
- Feel hard around the wrists
- Palm Padding makes them feel rigid
100% iTrack is the most aesthetic pair of mountain bike gloves available in the market. If you are someone who wants protection without keeping fashion at bay then iTrack is for you. Not only are they visually appealing but also they do full justice to what they are made for, that is, keeping your hands protected.
The back of iTrack is made of polyester mesh which is strong enough to protect you from powerful impacts. On the other hand, the palm area is made up of a single layer of clarino. There is a downside that comes with this fabric which is that it is not well ventilated but it won’t cause inconvenience.iTrack comes with 100 % Tech Thread in the thumb and index fingertips which is a very striking thing.
Another very striking thing is that they are touch screen compatible, which allows you to use your smartphone without taking them off. The pull-type cuff and tab ensure stability making your mountain bike ride comfortable. The protection of the thumb, which is often overlooked by most brands, is ensured by a 3-mm thick thumb overlay pad.
Unlike Celiums(popular for being extremely lightweight), iTrack is not lightweight. They are not thin because of the extra padding. All in all, iTrack is one perfect pair of mountain bike gloves. They may not be lightweight but that is only because of the extra padding for your protection. The prices are high but with such great features, money can be kept at bay.
- 3mm Thumb Overlay Pad
- Touch Screen Compatible
- 1-year warranty
- New pull-type cuff and tab
- 100% Tech Thread in Thumb and Index Finger
- Many available colors
- Heavier than other gloves
- The Single-layer Clarino is not well-ventilated
- Relatively expensive
- GLOVE ITRACK SALMANDER SM
Believe us when we say that you won’t find any drawback to this product. Not even one. These mountain bike gloves have it all. They offer everything a mountain biker can think of be it breathability in summers or warmth in winters.
INBIKE is manufactured using ultra thermal and windproof material. This material blend provides durability, warmth, and protection from harsh impacts. The insides of this MTB glove are fleece-lined for added warmth. The gel lining present absorbs the shock during high-energy impacts. The three pieces of pad protection, Gel, and EVA pad all contribute to maximum safety during your adventures. This attributes to making INBIKE the best mountain bike gloves.
A very new feature that we see in these pairs is that they come with a reflective ribbon on the back. This improves visibility during a winter night ride. Another feature that makes it a perfect pair for your winter adventures is the wrist tie design. This locks the warmth inside and hence, makes you ready for your winter nighttime riding adventures. The windproof material also attributes to this by saving your hands from chilly winter winds. Anti-slip silicone padding ensures a perfect grip.
Moreover, INBIKE is 100% touch screen compatible saving you from the hassles of removing it during the ride to use your smartphones. All in all, INBIKE is the most perfect companion for all your highland adventures. They have it all in them from warmth to breathability to comfort to safety.
- Shock Absorbing Gels
- Reflective Ribbon Padding
- Warm during the Winter
- Touch Screen Compatible
- Anti-slip silicone padding
- Can get cold when the temperature gets too low
- 【Utility】INBIKE fingerless cycling gloves are designed for flexibility at riding a mountain bike, road bike, fixed gear bicycle, MTB etc. They are also appropriate for other activities, such as hiking, climbing, motorcycling and workout.
- 【Comfortable】The summer half finger gloves are made of breathable fabric, which keeps your hands cool while doing your favorite sport in hot weathers.
- 【Anti-slip】Palm pad of 5 mm thickness. Palm pad cushions your hand from the vibrations of handle. Non-slip silicone patterns increase the friction.
- 【Convenient】Snug fit stretchy cuffs keeps the gloves tight to your hands. Hook and loop strap helps you adjust the tightness. Easy-off loops helps you put on and take off directly.
- 【Humanized Design】TPR pad, SCR patch, TPR finger pads and silicone patterns increase the professionalism of our gloves, which made it easier for you to do outdoor sports.
One of its kind on the list, Firelion is a multifunctional glove not only for your highland adventure but also for Road Cycling, BMX, and exercising. They are extremely breathable and offer all-around protection from any kind of hand injury.
Firelion is a perfect mountain bike glove for summers as it is properly ventilated and breathable. The absorbent microfiber keeps the hands dry in summers. The support and grip of Firelion is something to vouch upon. This feature can be attributed to the adjustable straps around the wrist which offers support and comfort. These MTB gloves come with touch screen compatibility.
Moreover, Firelion has taken care of the hand pain that is incurred as a result of long rides by using modern technology. This helps in relieving pressure which makes the hand numb after a long ride. Firelion comes with a protective gel that helps in absorbing shocks and hence, giving a safe experience. The gel protects the thumb and fingers as well by soothing the nerves after long rides.
Although the gel is an ultimate feature some bikers found it as an obstacle. They found that this shock absorption gel hampers the grip. But you may try it and see if the gel works for you perfectly. If any hindrance occurs then the company has kept you secured by their 30day easy return policy.
- Absorbent Material
- Shock Absorption Gel
- Anti-slip and anti-shock protection
- Touch Screen Compatibility
- Reinforced Micromatrix synthetic leather palm
- The gel may become a hindrance
- 【6 in 1 Protective Gear Set】 This protective gear set includes 2 x "knee pads", 2 x "elbow pads" and 2 x "bike gloves" and a "mesh bag". Now your child can happily enjoy any outdoor activity such as skating, do not worry about their safety.
- 【Comfortable & Flexible】Made of skin-friendly and lightweight neoprene, RYACO Elbows & Knees Kids' Protection Pads Set is more comfortable and flexible. This can increase the range of motion, so they will not impede your kids' movement.
- 【Designed for Kids】To protect children from unnecessary hurting during riding a bike/skating/skiing and other outdoor activities.
- 【3 Layer Designed Material】Includes 0.3 inch EVA and 2 x 0.24-inch neoprene to absorb impact. Makes the pads softer and allows your pads can cover more skin area and fit well.Ryaco Kid's Protection Pads Set, the best choice which provides kids with safety.
- 【Perfect Present】RYACO has designed 3 kinds of colors like Pink Camouflage/Blue Dinosaur/Black, which can meet different requirements in different situations such as holiday, birthday and graduation situation.
Giro DND is a top dog in the field of mountain bike gloves. With great features and comfort, they sure are the best companion for your highland adventures. If you are looking for MTB gloves that are built just for the ultimate riding experience, then Giro DND will serve as one of the best options for you.
The core of Giro is made up of AX synthetic suede leather which protects you from skin injuries. With 4-way stretchable mesh surface which makes them breathable, warm, ventilated, and safe during the heat. The moisture-wicking technology with microfiber helps in absorbing moisture. This increases the grip and makes DND best for summer adventures.
The three-panel design will safeguard you from any harsh injuries. The reinforced fingertips and flex zones at the knuckles attribute to the enhanced protection. The features and technologies used in Giro ensure ultimate protection from any kind of high energy impacts. Giro also comes with a 2mm EVA crash pad, which offers protection to your sore thumbs during a crash and keeps your hands safe.
The only drawback in this especially optimized Mountain bike glove is the issue of durability. They seem to wear off after a very short duration of use. Apart from this durability issue, there are no shortcomings in the product. Giro will be the ultimate partner for all your biking adventures in the Highlands.
- Synthetic powerful Leather
- Silicone Thumb Print for Touch Screen Compatibility
- Reinforced fingertips and flex zones
- 4-way stretch breathable mesh
- Three-panel design
- May shows signs for wear and tear in a few weeks
- Challenge the status quo
- Innovation is more than bells and whistles
- Test it again and again
- Science and soul
This pair of mountain gloves were developed by an accident by the company and since then they have been protecting mountain riders from mishaps. MOREOK is loaded with features to protect you from all the winter and summer adventures.
MOREOK is made up of thermal material mixed with a plush backer liner which makes them a perfect pair for winters. The combination of the material doesn’t allow heat to escape providing warmth and comfort in cold weather. The reflective material is used to give a secure night ride experience. Touch screen compatibility adds to its brilliance.
The silicone grip palm construction delivers an extraordinary grip. The 5mm palm padding adds on to this excellent grip by considerably increasing it. This also reduces bunching. The hooks and loop closure method delivers stability by providing a snug fit at the wrists. The only shortcoming of this product is that it may feel bulky although the company claims them to be lightweight.
- Thermal Material to keep you warm during the cold
- Plush backer liner
- Reflective panels for safer riding experience during nighttime riding
- Touch Screen compatible
- Lightweight with silicone palm construction
- Perfect Hook and Loop strap for maximum comfort
- It May feel bulky at times
- 3MM SBR Pad-Full Palm Protection: Made of high elastic Lycra and knitted mesh fabric,which can wick away perspiration and breathe well. With 3MM SBR Pad and precise stitching, it makes wearing more comfortable and fit. The palm of the glove is made with Micro-Fiber which is durable to use.
- Built-in Air-Hole made Elastic wristband:Excellent wrist support for performing cross training and Olympic lifts like snatches, clean and jerks, front squats, and other lifts requiring wrist protection.The gloves will keep your hands dry and comfortable.
- Ventilated&Comfort :The Wrist Wraps are tightened and loosened with Double-Velcro, which is able to adjust your personal comfort.
- Humanization Design &EASY TO CLEAN: It will be easy to take off for the LOOPS on the finger. And the TERRY CLOTH on the thumb can help wipe sweat off during training or doing other exercise. Machine washable material which is Anti-odor, allows you to keep your gloves fresh and clean.
- Multible Use -Perfect for Outdoors and Indoors use. You can use MOREOK Work out gloves as Training gloves, Weight gloves, Weightlifting gloves,Rowing gloves, Climbing gloves, Cross training, Core fitness Ab roller, Dumbbells, and General Workouts. Also work perfect as Cycling Gloves and daily work Gloves.
If you are a fashion fanatic who loves adventures then Arltb is the perfect pair of MTB gloves for you. They are extremely soft and the color combination is really pleasing. They are the most comfortable Mountain biking glove we came across.
Artlb comes with foam padding which considerably reduces friction between the material and your palm. This will save you from the pain caused after long rides. They are extremely lightweight and soft and we can’t stop saying this. The microfiber material used is quite absorbent and won’t let moisture bother your hands. They will keep your hands dry and breathable.
We can’t stress enough how important foam pad technology is. You won’t feel any discomfort and pain after a long adventure. If we look at the downside of this product then durability comes out to be an issue but if used properly, it will give great value for the money. This drawback can be overpowered by the comfort and safety it provides. All in all, Arltb is an ideal pair for all your outdoor activities and adventures. Bear in mind that it runs a size smaller than the usual size.
- Padded for Protection
- Foam Padded Protection for Frictionless Experience
- Elastic full fingers will reduce the pain in long riding experiences
- Sizes may not fit everyone
- Can often wear out too soon
- COMFORTABLE VINYL GLOVES: Thick and stretchy so they don't rip or tear easily, these disposable rubber gloves go on easy and are super comfy to wear. They offer great grip and handling as you work.
- PREMIUM SURGICAL GLOVES: These exam gloves are medical grade and are perfect for professional medical office settings, or have them on hand to go in first aid kits.
- BEST COOKING GLOVES: These food safe gloves are perfect in home or restaurant kitchens as food service gloves. The multi purpose gloves are great for cleaning, janitorial, tattoo, beauty salon, gardening use, and more!
- LATEX FREE GLOVES: Perfect for people with latex allergies, these non latex gloves will not cause allergic reactions. They are also powder free, ambidextrous and non sterile. For single use only.
- READY TO GO: Packed in boxes of 50, these are not only great on your counter or desk, they are perfect for your car or packed to in your gym bag, hand bag, diaper bag, or travel use. Also available in bulk supply, and in black, blue, and clear colors.
Meanwhile, Feel Free To Check Out Our Article On Best Goalkeeper Gloves.