Bushcraft is nothing but a form of art with high risks. If you love survival games and wilderness is where you belong, you need to take great care of yourself. The unfavourable conditions in the wilderness demand gears that keep you protected. We have thus reviewed and curated a list of the best bushcraft gloves available in the market. Remember that there are no specific gloves for the bush raft.
List Of 11 Best Bushcraft Gloves
The list of the best bushcraft gloves to keep you safe during your survival in the wilderness are given in the next column.
Designed by a survival expert himself, Hestra Fält Guide is specially optimized to keep you protected in the wilderness. This pair of bushcraft gloves are packed with features. The thick cowhide and army leather covering make Hestra windproof and waterproof making it suitable for all the seasons. Wool pile and wool terry cloth lining on the top and bottom of the hands, respectively are removable. This makes it convenient to use and even more to clean.
What makes Hestra one of the best bushcraft gloves is that it is designed very thoughtfully. This can be seen from the long cuff guards and cinched wrist area. This keeps any cold wind from entering the gloves and making it hard for you to work in winters. The carabiner clasp system is another feature that showcases its effective design. This allows them to be in one place when you are doing some work.
With all these qualities comes great care. Hence, you have to keep great care when it comes to washing them. They can’t be machine washed and dried. Special washing instructions are given by the company for washing leather outer wool insides. Moreover, they are not touch screen compatible. They aren’t available in many colours but who needs aesthetic gloves in the bushes. The unmatched quality comes at a price to pay.
- Survival expert design
- Water and windproof
- Wool liner for warmth
- Clip for fastening together
- Cinched waist
- Cowhide and Army leather for durability
- Made in the USA
- Special care for washing
- Limited colour choice
- DESIGN: Ergo Grip construction creates minimal excess material in the palm area and places seams according to the hand's natural ergonomics for a close and comfortable fit.
- EASY TO CLEAN: These gloves are machine washable, which makes them easy to clean after every ride.
- SECURE FIT: Neoprene cuff ensures that gloves stay firmly in place while cycling.
- SHOCK ABSORPTION: Gel padding located on the palms provide impact absorption when going over tough terrain.
- GRIP: Reinforced PU grips make these gloves incredibly durable, flexible and abrasion resistant.
Smartwool Ridgeway is a quality product to secure you in the wilderness when you are struggling to survive. The material blend is great and will protect you irrespective of the season. The leather and wool combination provides durability, warmth and protection at a minimal cost. Ridgeway is inexpensive. Ridgeway is available in two colours making it great at looks too.
The leather used provides durability to the item and makes them fit for all season. The thumb and forefinger are provided with extra reinforcement to lend protection to often overlooked parts. The wool used is the well known Merino wool. The insides are lined with the same to provide warmth, breathability and moisture absorption. The antimicrobial feature fights odour developed by wearing the gloves for a long period. The cinched wrist design offers protection against icy winds and maintaining temperature. The clip design is helpful in keeping them together.
There are some downsides of the product as well.
Since Smartwool uses natural fibres they require special care and attention while washing. They can’t be simply machine washed. Moreover, some users may find the cuff region to be a little shorter hampering the warmth. Bear in mind that you cannot use your smartphones while wearing this. There may be a few shortcomings but you won’t find such quality at such price. They are one of the best bushcraft gloves.
- Leather glove
- Double layer thumb and forefinger
- Terry loop, knit Merino wool, interior for liner
- Various colours
- Cinched wrist design
- Clip to keep them together
- Leather requires special cleaning
- Wash wool liner by hand
- Shorter cuff
- No touchscreen capabilities
They are originally winter gloves made for winter outdoor activities. You cannot question its quality as it is approved by the US army itself. The blend of materials is something to look for in this product. The materials selected will give you extreme warmth when you are working somewhere in the bushes on a chilly winter day.
100% Alpaca pile used as the lining serves its purpose by delivering warmth and comfort. The moisture absorption of the material enhances the comfort and keeps your hand dry. Another thick inner liner of 100% grey wool attributes to enhanced warmth. Thoughtfully designed, these mittens come with wool/nylon pile at the backside to keep your face warm. The cinched waist design and long cuffs keep icy cold winds at bay.
Talking about the downsides of the product, they cannot be Machine washed. These mitts require special care in the washing area. Since they are not gloves but mitts you have to compromise a bit on dexterity. The long cuffs may come in your way during some tasks. You have to remove them during some tasks as they aren’t touch screen compatible. Arctic Mitts can be your best bet for a winter bushcraft gloves anyway. Use it with a liner or on bare hands, they will keep you warm during any winter outdoor activity.
- Air Force standards
- Leather outers and Merino knot wool inners
- Windproof, waterproof and breathable
- Long cuff with cinches for extreme weather conditions
- Face warmers on the back of the mitt
- 64-inch shoulder cord to keep mitts with you
- Require care for cleaning
- Moderately priced
- No touchscreen
- Could be warmer
- Long sleeves can get in your way
- WARM FLEECE & COTTON FIBERFILL:Ultra-fine fleece with a tender feel, hug the little hands mildly and provides a snug fit. The lightweight, breathable winter gloves can constantly pull moisture away from little hands to reduce clamminess and chills.Warm fleece-lined for pure comfort and outer water resistant fabric is responsible for againsting snow/rain.
- ADJUSTABLE WRIST STRAP:Hook & loop fastener strap with buckle allows wrist adjustment for near-perfect fit. With this feature, it will stay securely on kids hand, not fall off, also keep snow and cold air out. Extended knitted cuff for extra protection, not long, convenient to wear.From the fingertips over the wrist, warm your baby hands in this winter.
- WINTER WATEPROOF SNOW GLOVE:Water-resistant outer layer resist the penetration of water to some degree but not entirely. The waterproof layer added inside the glove enhances the water-resistance. Keep hands dry and warm while playing in the snow, enjoy your skiing, sledding, snowboarding, snowball fight, snowshoeing.
- LONG CUFF DESIGN: No more gloves falling. Easy to get on and over jacket or coat for little kids. It helps to prevent cold air, snow as well as the dirty inside. The wrist buckle and elastic wrist is also easy for quick adjustable for custom fit.Three are two size choices: 2-4 Years and 4-6 Years for girls and boys.
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS: Length (L) is measured from the elastic along the mitten wrist to the end of the fingers; Width (W) is measured across the mitten palm area at the widest point: 2-4 years (9.06" L, 3.54" W);4-6 Years (9.84" L, 3.93" W). When measuring kids hands, allow 0.5 inches extra room for cushion.
Kinco 901 is the most versatile pair of bushcraft gloves that will keep you warm with being durable and flexible. The pigskin construction makes it durable. The reinforcement on the gloves attributes to enhanced protection. To keep dexterity issues at bay, finger patches are not incorporated. The comfort is one thing that is not compromised in kinco.
Taking care of the warmth,kinco has incorporated Heatkeep thermal lining on the interiors. This enhances insulation. Some users have found that this feature lacks to serve its purpose. But pairing it up with an extra mitt will keep you comfortable. The thermal layer wicks off moisture to keep your hands dry. The tight-knit cuffs help in keeping out snow and icy cold air during your outdoor adventures.
Kinco runs a size smaller than the usual bushcraft gloves. So, sizing is one issue that can bother you. The pigskin is sure durable but not waterproof. kinco has got you covered for it by providing Nikwax Waterproofing Wax. The clasp system is absent but it is not a really bothering shortcoming. The reasonable price of kinco makes it worth buy in spite of a few shortcomings.
- Good price
- Tough pigskin
- Patches over the wear areas
- Comfortable knit wrist
- Leather pull tab
- Pairing hook
- High-performance signature Heatkeep thermal lining
- Nikwax Waterproofing Wax included
- Care for cleaning
- The size small do not come with the finger reinforcements
- Fits small, so take care when ordering
- The leather requires a coating of waterproofing, such as mink oil, snow seal
- Needs a clasp on both
- THE BEST OF DURABILITY AND AFFORDABILITY: Kinco 1927s have become the quintessential blue-collar glove of choice because of their durability and affordability.
- OTTO STRIPED CANVAS: Kinco's Trademark Otto striped cotton-blend canvas back of hand offers lightweight, breathable coverage
- HEATKEEP INSULATION KEEPS HANDS WARM AND DRY: Heatkeep thermal insulation is comprised of finely spun polyester fibers, which create thousands of air pockets between the outer shell and inner lining to fully envelop the hand. These air pockets work to trap the body heat generated inside the glove and shield the hand from the cold. An inner lining that is laminated to the Heatkeep fibers wicks moisture away from the hand to keep it dry.
- PIGSKIN LEATHER IS TOUGH, BREATHABLE, AND PLIABLE: Golden premium grain pigskin protects the palm with exceptional durability, and due to its porous nature, remains soft and flexible after getting wet.
- SIZING AND FIT: Sizing is based on men's sizes from the size guide. This unisex glove will fit both Men and Women. Refer to sizing guide for best fit. If you are in between sizes, we recommend sizing down. Leather gloves start stiff, but soften after a few uses.
RefrigiWear is the best companion for you if you love camping. Made out of pure leather, they are durable and offer all-around protection. RefrigiWear is loaded with features. They are lightweight and hence do not cause pain after use for a longer period. They will provide comfort throughout use.
Moreover, the grip is quite firm. The wrist area is designed such that it doesn’t let any wind or snow in making it lock the warmth. What makes them suitable for the summer is that they are not at all bulky and are extremely breathable. They are nothing short of perfection when it comes to all-season bushcraft gloves.
Looking at the demerits of the product, they are not made for heavy-duty work. The stitching is anticipated to wear out very early. Also, it runs in a smaller size so be careful about the size before buying it. The insides are not much thick but that can be checked by wearing it over some mitt. All in all, they can be the ultimate partner for your outdoor adventures.
- Proper protection
- Durable material
- Sealed wrist area
- Breathable feature
- Improper stitching
- Thin inner lining
- Inappropriate sizing
- Thick material
- STAY WARM: Keep your fingers protected like your best tools! These gloves protect down to -25°F with a lightweight insulation that extends up to the buff for even more warmth.
- DURABLE: These tough, durable gloves feature a waterproof finish so you stay dry no matter the weather. Made with Kevlar thread, soft cow grain leather and a leather palm pad for extra hard-working durability so you know it's built to last.
- MOVE EASILY: Lightweight AirBlaze insulation keeps you warm without weighing you down. Pre-curved ergonomic fit with black leather Performance-Flex on knuckles so you can grip easily and naturally without stiff resistance.
- BEST FIT: Get a snug fit with draft-sealing adjustable cuffs and a leather pull tab for eay on/off.
Wells Lamont is one versatile pair of bushcraft gloves that will come in handy for multiple tasks like carpentry, construction, roofing and other outdoor household chores. The material blend used in Lamont is worth mentioning. The palm is made up of deerskin whereas, the spandex makes the back. The material combination makes them breathable, flexible and durable.
For enhanced protection knuckles, forefinger, and thumb area are guarded with reinforcements. The velcro closure system provides a snug fit and makes the gloves stable. The material used also enhances the grip. They provide considerable warmth but they are specially designed to provide protection.
However, Wells Lamont cannot be used in high abrasive situations. It isn’t touch screen compatible as well. Relatively expensive, they require great care at washing as well. The size can be an issue but only if you have large hands. The dye may stain in your hands. But for bushcraft, they are very perfect. Lamont will keep you protected from harsh elements and blisters anyway.
- Pricey for work items
- Deerskin palm, soft and comfortable
- Spandex back for flexibility and breathability
- Reinforcement on knuckles, thumb and first finger
- Velcro closure
- Leather needs care for cleaning
- Yellow stain on hands
- Tight-fitting, hard to remove
- No touch screen capabilities
- Not durable for abrasive situations
- 【PREMIUM QUALITY】Produced by world's leading manufacturer, OKIAAS gloves comply with CE EN388:2016 standards, offering general hand protection for light-medium duty work. We endeavor to Eliminate Odor while achieving Firm Anti-Slip Grip and Anti-Abrasion by utilizing premium Polyurethane(PU) raw material with post-production machine wash.
- 【HIGHLY VERSATILE】Sizing from S to 2XL,fit for both men and women. Ideal for dry and slightly wet/oily conditions including Warehouse, Gardening, Auto Repairing, DIY Projects, Home Improvement, Yard, Cleaning, Painting, Hiking, Cycling, etc.
- 【Ultimate Comfort and Utility】✔Flexibility, Dexterity and Breathability by 13-gauge seamless knit shell(polyester liner) ✔Abrasion Resistance, Oil and Water Repellency and Tactile Sensitivity by ultra-thin polyurethane coating on palms and fingers ✔Snug Fit by elastic knitted wrist to prevent dust and debris.
- 【Multipack for Everyday Protection】Bulk pack of a dozen black rubber gloves, a must-have for both daily work and home multipurpose use. Get 2x high quality work gloves at a Fraction of the Price Today!
- 【60-day Warranty and Size Tip】At OKIAAS, we center on customer satisfaction. Get your gloves today along with our 60-day Hassle-Free Warranty Policy, exchange or refund guaranteed for any product defect! One-Size-Up is recommended for loose-fitting if you are lingering between two sizes.
If you are looking for quality and durability then, StoneBreaker may disappoint you. Even if the company claims it to be long-lasting, they really aren’t. The material blend used may seem promising but they miserably fail to serve their purpose. StoneBreaker offers protection but they cannot be claimed to be the best bet.
Looking at the material combination, it is very well thought. The company has used a blend of American deerskin with cowhide. The material may give an impression of great durability but users tell it doesn’t last long. Double sewn swans used by the company is said to withstand wear and tear effectively. Nevertheless, the company hasn’t compromised with protection. With shock-absorbing padding and reinforcement patches, StoneBreaker offers maximum protection. These features may bring you close to buying them.
Talking about the demerits of the product which are quite a lot. With durability being the main drawback, you will come across many other problems as well. The stitching and quality are very inconsistent as told by many customers. You may face sizing issues as well. All these drawbacks may resist you from making them as your perfect bushcraft companion.
- American deerskin and cowhide
- Thick genuine leather
- Reinforcing patches
- Extended cuffs
- Double Sewn Seams
- Shock-absorbing padding
- Fitting issues
- Inconsistent quality
- MATERIAL - Cowhide Gardening Gloves Palm: genuine full grain thick cowhide leather palm, Upgraded reinforced palm patch design on the key point and fingertips, increase excellent grip and durability, ensures wear resistance and puncture resistance, to prevent palm from puncture, scratches and bites.
- FOREARM PROTECTION - Long garden gauntlet design: 21cm (8.3in) elbow-length synthetic leather gauntlet cuff will offer excellent coverage protection until your elbow, make it easier to trim roses and bushes, and prevent your arms exposed to poison ivy, prevent your arm from being scratched by animals.
- FLEXIBLE AND BREATHABLE - The ergonomic garden gloves design fits your hands perfectly. premium and soft leather provides comfort, keep your hands flexible to use garden tools. Breathable material keeps your hands dry and cool.
- MULTI-PURPOSE USE: Long sleeve gardening gloves perfect for women & men. These long gardening gloves are ideal for gardening work, farming, trimming roses, pruning bushes and blueberries, pruning cactus and other barbed plants in the garden or patio. These are also the perfect animal handling gloves, suitable for Veterinarians, Animal Control Staff, Groomers, Kennel Workers, Zoo Workers, Pet Shop Employees, Breeders/Handlers, Pet owners, Bird handlers, Reptile handlers.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - If any gardening gloves not perform to your satisfaction due to a material defect or craftsmanship defect within 90 days, we will replace it for you or provide a full refund. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Carhartt can be one of the best gloves with bushcraft appeal. They are specially designed to keep your hands protected when you are doing some tough work. The materials used to ensure that your hands remain safe throughout. Made out of 100% cotton duck material with suede leather on the palms. This attributes to the enhanced durability of the product. Carhartt Systems have high value for money.
Moreover, the knuckles are provided with reinforcements for added protection. The longer cuffs keep the often overlooked, wrist area to escape scraping or blisters. What makes them perfect for summers is the Cotton duck material which is moisture absorbent and provides maximum breathability. This allows your hands to remain dry after long hours of work.
There are not many shortcomings in this product but they aren’t designed to sustain dropping temperatures. Also, they don’t come with touchscreen compatibility. When wet they may get slippery. The pull-type wrist design may cause hindrance to some users. But since, Carhartt doesn’t have any sizing issues these drawbacks can be fixed. All in all, they are perfect bushcraft gloves with a decent price and durability.
- Moderate price
- The base of 100% durable, cotton duck fabric
- 100% polyester lining
- Pull-on with wrist cinch
- Synthetic leather palm with suede cowhide palm and knuckle patches
- Safety cuff
- Moderate price
- Sizes from small to 2X large
- No touchscreen capability
- May get slippery when wet
- Large pinky finger
- Cuff is loose, needs tightening
- Durable, all-purpose polytex shell with softshell trim
- Waterproof insert
- Ultra soft insulation; FastDry technology lining wicks away sweat
- Reinforced digital grip palm with stick grip fingers and thumb
- Nose wipe; adjustable wrist strap; barrel and cord cinch cuff closure
Made out of bison skin, Midwest has all qualities that bushcraft gloves should possess. The bison skin makes it tough yet very flexible. Thin enough to pick small items but tough enough to do heavier tasks. They are the best. They may look tough but great care is taken at its dexterity. Be it the choice of material or the thumb design which offers comfort and perfect fitting.
Moreover, the seam is double stitched which helps in grabbing things like tool or steering. The tight wrist design ensures blockage of winds or any other element.
Keeping dexterity in mind, Midwest is not provided with inner lining. They can be worn with an inner lining to give more warmth for winter outdoor activities. They are one perfect pair for all people, for all kinds of activities.
Before buying them keep in mind that they are not suitable for very cold weather. If you want them as all-season gloves then you can buy a size larger than the usual and pair it up with a liner. When wet the dye may stain your hands. Midwest lacks touch screen compatibility and requires great care while washing. They can’t be machine washed.
- Moderately priced
- Made of tough American bison (buffalo) skin
- Gathered wrists
- Thumb design provides comfort
- Unlined for dexterity
- Made in the USA
- Could use more length in the wrist
- The dye comes out on a hand when wet
- Leather requires special care for cleaning
- No touchscreen capability
- 【Heat Retention】Emergency sleeping bags effectively keep 90% heat for you, provide heat retention and thermal insulation in survival situations. Lined with special heat reflecting material similar to emergency blankets but more durable, this is an essential component of any survival or camping kit and will keep you warm in a pinch!
- 【Essential Survival Gear】An essential part of any survival kit. Hypothermia is first and foremost the most serious danger in any survival situation. Small and light enough to be thrown in any bag, the emergency sleeping bags may save your life in an emergency survival scenario. Throw it in the glove compartment of your car or backpack.
- 【Multi-purpose and Compact】Emergency sleeping bags can be folded into a tiny pouch, it can be stored almost anywhere, leaving you much needed space in your kit for other gear. The bag extends to a comfortable 90cm x 210cm, can be used as emergency blanket, sleeping bag, picnic blanket, an essential pack item for climbers, mountaineers and walkers.
- 【Improve Your Odds of Survival】Bright orange or green exterior can be used as a signalling device. Easily spotted due to the colour contrast against nature, the Emergency Bag can be used to call for help in your hour of need. Indispensable for outdoor activities, wild adventures, expeditions, tourism, and more; helpful in all outdoor emergency situations.
- 【Satisfaction Guarantee】Emergency sleeping bags help to keep you properly insulated from the cold air; ensure warm and comfortable rest while camping in the winter. If for any reason you're not satisfied, please let us know and our customer service team will help you return or refund.
Showa is the most technologically advanced work glove built for people involved in Transport, Public Utilities, Agriculture, Logistics, and Construction. They are an all-season glove and will keep you dry and warm. Perfectly bushcraft as they are. The acrylic liner used ensures ultimate warmth and dryness making them fit for summers as well as winters.
Looking at its features, we see that Showa is waterproof as well as windproof. These features attribute to the enhanced warmth to save you from dropping mercury. The acrylic liner provides insulation as well. They are durable enough for you to perform activities like rock climbing without worrying about wear and tear. They are abrasion-resistant and dexterous at the same time.
Showa is loaded with features and that too at a considerable price. The new items may have some odour but that will go away with time. Showa lacks touch screen compatibility. All in all, these shortcomings can be overlooked as for a price that the company offers it is the best bet. They are breathable, durable, waterproof and windproof. They can be your saviour during harsh conditions. A perfect bushcraft option.
- Great Price
- Waterproof, windproof
- Great grip
- Ergonomic design for flexibility
- Oil resistant
- Tight-fitting for the size
- Some dexterity issues
- Some odour when new
- Not touchscreen capable
- Provides warmth with protection from liquids in cold conditions while allowing comfort of a breathable glove
- Insulated liner provides barrier from cold ensuring warmth and comfort all day long
- Liquid proof technology provides a barrier against water and liquids
- Breathable technology allows warm air and moisture from inside to escape to keep your hands dry
- 13" long (328mm) extended cuff with draw cord
We hope that the review will help you in buying your perfect pair of bushcraft gloves that will keep you protected whatever the condition be.